Wednesday 19 December 2012

My introduction- testing out this blogging thing.

Well then- this is interesting!  It's my very first blog!

I'm typically one who likes talking, though most people don't always like to hear what I have to say.  Some people just don't like to talk so much, others may just disagree about my opinion, but when I have an opinion about something, I like to talk about it with other people, and I like to hear what people think.  I guess it's something I find enjoyable in life.  A lot of the time, it's to have a fun game of "Devil's Advocate", and other times it's to stimulate conversation.

So a bit about me, as this is titled "introduction".  For starters, I'm a cool guy.  Again- some may disagree, but if you don't hold yourself in the highest standard, how can you feel confident about who you are right?  I'm not perfect, but I sure like to aim for that standard.  I'm also pretty stubborn in so many ways.  If I'm told I can't do something, I go out and try to prove that person wrong.  In fact, it brings me a sense of accomplishment to try and prove them wrong, however right they might even be.  Sometimes I lose out, sometimes I don't.  :P

My name is Vishal, and I've been through a lot of different experiences in life.  I guess we all have.  Some have been good, some have been bad.  I've made smart decisions, and I've sure made some stupid ones.  I've been called a "late bloomer", meaning I figure things out at a later stage than most.  That might be a reason I'm 36 years old, and recently engaged.  I think most people do it between the ages of 25-30, after they've lived life out and the joy of doing some of those crazy, maybe more selfish things in life has worn itself out.  My twenties were very conservative- definitely a lot more conservative then I would have liked, but I will get to talking about that one day.

I'm not the quickest mover either.  I mean that in a very literal sense, and also in a more symbolic sense.  Literally because I don't enjoy moving fast.  I walk slow, I write slow, I think slow, and I really do things at my own pace.  Symbolically- as I said above- I'm a late bloomer and well, from there, I think you get the point.

This whole idea of blogging is fascinating to me.  It's like the journal you can let other people read.  It's a place to put experiences through life, and a place to put your opinions on all sorts of things on life.  It's a place to start conversation, and place to perhaps have some controversy as well.  I like all those things, to a point of course.  I love experiences in life as I think experience builds character.  I like opinions, because I like to hear what other people have to say- especially about the things I have the "soapbox" for.  Opinions and conversation go hand in hand, and through feeding others and hearing their response, I can strengthen my own convictions, or even change them.  Because even though I'm stubborn, I'm open to change.  And well, like most people, I enjoy talking about myself.  We all like to tell others about what we're doing in life, don't we?  Or where we're going?  Or what our purposes are when we find something we truly believe in?  All of this, and definitely more (that I can't think of right now) is my whole purpose to setting up a blog.

And well, this first one might be a bit loose, without much detail (at least I think) about much of what is going on right now because I'm just testing this out.  I may sound like a rambling idiot without having put out much substance, but again- it's just a test.  I'm sure there will be much more good to come around.

This is a picture of my fiancee and I.  She's lovely, isn't she?  Her name is Jenine, and she's a big part of my life.  Right now she's sitting next to me and she's telling me how good looking I am.  Man, she is one smart chick!  No, okay- so she's really not.  We're just hanging out in bed as I'm not feeling so good and she is working, and I'm just looking for a way to kill time.  But again, I'm just testing things out so I wanted to see what happens when I put a picture here.  A lot of babbling, yes, but this first post is really all about babbling.  LOL.  Can I put an LOL in a blog?

Now I'm going to close off.  I don't even know how to close a blog.  There are potentially millions of readers, especially to my blog, so do I have to say something witty and smart to close off?  Give some words of advice?  If so, being the winter season, I'll give some great advice.  Everybody should avoid eating yellow snow this holiday season...or any holiday season for that matter.  There- how's that for good advice?  Haha. :)



2 comments:

  1. I can tell I'm going to love this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, Sarah! You might like it, maybe you won't. I'm sure you'll find it intriguing when I talk about anything you have an interest in. :) Aren't all your radio stations tuned to QR77? LOL.

      Delete